Sunday, October 9, 2011

Let's Get to Know Each Other

Welcome Fellow Bakers and Those who are simply curious.
Let me start by telling you just a few things about me:
  1. I am a wife
  2. I am a mother
  3. I am a grandmother
  4. I love to bake
Baking is something I love to do. I find it relaxing, although if you heard some of the comments I make while doing it you probably wouldn't think so.
Since my girls were small I always tried to make them personalized cakes for their birthdays. Some of these included a Sonic the Hedgehog cake and a Wizard of Oz cake. You could tell that they were obviously created by a novice but I tried and my girls loved them. Children, especially small ones, are so easy to please.
I enjoyed making their birthday cakes but it wasn't until recently that I really became interested in baking. I'm thinking it might have something to do with having an empty nest and the proliferation of ALL these cooking shows. It also helps that the internet is available for quick reference. For all of us who are not professional bakers the internet is a fountain of information but user beware! Not all of it is useful and sometimes you just need to trust your own judgement.
It doesn't take a lot to get started baking cakes or anything else. Just a few simple tools which are readily available at Walmart, Target, and Michaels. This is by no means a complete list of places to buy bakeware and cake decorating supplies. I have even bought from Amazon.
This blog will talk about my successes and failures with baked goods and there WILL be pictures of both. Hopefully more of the former than latter but that remains to be seen.
The next post will talk about some of the tools to get started (there aren't many) and others that are just cool to have. I look forward to my next post and hope you do as well. Until then...Eat Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment